Birch plywood is made of cross-bonded 1.4 mm thick veneers. The high grade panels are sanded on both sides and their surface is smooth, hard and durable. Birch plywood is characterized by excellent strength and rigidity-related properties, so therefore it performs best in applications demanding high strength and rigidity.
Nordic plywood provides a unique combination of strength, flexibility and a perfect look in a light-colored range. Birch plywood has also good resistance to humidity, it is easy to reprocess and easy to handle.
Russian birch plywood is also known as Baltic Birch plywood. Russian birch plywood is one of the most used non-tropical types of hardwood plywood.
Birch plywood specifications presented below correspond to GOST and Russian plywood mills specifications.
Birch Plywood major advantages
There are several advantageous properties in Russian plywood products making them the quality solution for your project:
• Favorable weight to strength ratio
• High durability
• Easy to machine and fix using standard machining and fastening methods
• Lightweight – Easy to handle on site
• Wide variety of different overlays and sizes available
• Availability of tailor-made cut-to-size and machining services
Birch ply wood can be further processed using different types of film overlay. The properties of the panel’s surface can be improved or the pattern on the panel surface altered, depending on the intended application.
1525 x 1525 mm
2440 x 1220 mm / 2500 x 1250 mm - long grain
1220 x 2440mm / 1250 x 2500 mm- cross grain
1500 x 3000 mm
* Other sizes and cut-to-size available at request.
3 - 4 - 6 - 9 - 12 - 15 - 18 - 21 - 27 -30 - 35 - 40 mm
* Other thicknesses available at request.
Quality of outer birch veneer
Standard birch plywood grades:
Other qualities available at request.
Also plywood is subdivided by sanding of face veneers for:
- Not sanded – NS
- Sanded one side – S1S
- Sanded two sides – S2S
Thermoreactive glues phenol-formaldehyde and carbamide are used in birch plywood production.
Birch plywood panels are subdivided by degree of moisture resistance for:
- MR ( Interior ) – Moisture resistant - Urea Carbamide - Laser-Compatible Glue
- WBP ( Exterior ) – Waterproof - Phenol-formaldehyde - Phenolic
- Density: 640-700 kg/m3
- Moisture content: max. 10%
- Building and construction
- Vehicle industry
- Internal and external design
- Furniture construction
- Trade and storage equipment
- Children’s furniture, playing grounds, toys
- ISO 9000 Management System Certificate
- CARB (California Air Resources Board) / ULEF certification
- EN-13986 CE-Mark
- Certificates of GOST conformance
- Certificates of origin GSP Form A